Friday, November 26, 2010

Kerala mural

       Kerala mural paintings are the frescos depicting mythology and legends, which are drawn on the walls of temples and churches in South India, principally in Kerala. (wikipedia).The roots of the extant mural tradition of Kerala could be traced as far back as the seventh and eighth century A.D under the influence of Pallava art. The oldest murals in Kerala were discovered in the rock-cut cave temple of Thirunandikkara, which is now in the Kanyakumari District of Tamil Nadu.
        I got intrigued at this art form, that I used to see in my Tanjore painting teacher's house.So, I ventured into learning it on my own.Could nt find much tutorials on the web. But could see the stages of a mural painting at here. Thanks to Maheshwaran.
        I was not confident enough to finish, so tried this painting on hand made paper. Surprisingly, it came out  well and I am happy at my first effort. Some more painting works in progress.Experts pls excuse me, if there are mistakes..
Please give me ur valuable suggestions for improvement.


3 comments:

  1. this is stunning priya,lines are so perfect.
    I too love kerala mural a lot.nice to see lot of chennai bloggers these days,happy blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Painting ..I have seen this type of painting at Kalalaya art studio..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priya madam

    Great blog on Indian Art and Crafts. Madam you are very creative.

    Priya madam just now i am sharing one message on Kerala Mural paintings in my Heritage of India blog.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/03/kerala-mural-paintings.html

    Priya madam recently i gave my first seminar on indian heritage and culture.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/02/my-first-seminar-on-indian-heritage-and.html

    Priya madam these are my Warli paintings greetings cards.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/02/warli-paintings-greetings-cards.html

    Priya madam 2 months back i am sharing one message in my Heritage of India blog with the title "Indian Woman in 19th Century vintage post cards".Madma in this message i am trying to compare as how indian woman got respect until recent times and compare the same with present day disastrous situations by mentioning about delhi incident. Priya madam this is the link for this message.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2012/12/indian-woman-in-19th-century-vintage.html

    Priya madam there will be good response from several indian people for this particular message.

    Priya madam i request you please read all the above messages of my blog and share your valuable comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time in appreciating my work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...