Thursday, September 29, 2011

Smooched acrylic block stamping and Tutorial

hello ppl,

    I am thankful for the huge response, you give to my tutorials.. I am getting some tutorial request too.. You will see them soon :). I encourage you ppl, to ask for the tutorial you want.. I will be more than happy to make one for you.. :)Just leave a comment below..

    Ok,With all the stamping gurus out there , I do not know how I got the courage to post a tutorial on a stamping technique! :)) Correct me pls, if I am wrong somewhere..

    I made 2 cards in this Acrylic block stamping series.. One with smooching and one without it :)..here they come..


A spl look at the smooched block stamped card..


The bg of this card is done with a cookie box.. sorry, could nt show u.. it went to trash before I could photograph it :( Stamps are from Inkadinkado Brenda Walton flourishes..(It is available for sale in by blog now :))
I am sending this card for

Piali's Challenge in Yyam's blog - acrylic block stamping
Digital Tuesday - blue and white
MakeitMonday#58

Today's Tutorial

Today, we will cover this technique.
Ink your acrylic block generously...


spritz it with water..

Mount a stamp on another acrylic block...This has to be bold design, else it will not show well on the stamped image.


Kiss the blocks and stamp on paper...(thats why the name... :))


Some more for your viewing.. will use it in cards later

This is spritzed with water, near to block.


Spritzed with water far away from block


Did not spritz with water , but instead of pressing,rubbed the block on ink pad

Did not spritz with water , rubbed vertically and horizontally on the pad.


Feel free to experiment with different variations and share what you come up with me.. I ll be happy to see it!!

I will be on a break from tomorrow, for abt 10 days.. please leave any suggestion or tutorial request in the comment.. I will attend to it as soon as possible! I have scheduled some posts in my absence..so keep visiting :)

-Priya

18 comments:

  1. wow!! This is awesome work!! am going to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial and wonderful cards! Love how you tried so many different things with one technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priya so wonderful to know how you made the lovely creation you sent me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wonderful creations.So cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh.... i think this tutorial is just fab and whats more u have actually done variation to piali's technique, i loved both your card so beautiful.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! Love how you've interpreted Piali's technique! :)

    Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priya this is awesome! Its so creative of u to give different dimensions to block stamping... superb! hats off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow !!its really grt the way u have done it !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are really pretty Priya!!! lovely colors too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!!! I love the colors and the techniques!! one question..will any ink work..coz most of my inks tend to bead up on the block!! I've tried but with horrible results!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a ton for the tutorial but I,m not happy with the results. You have come up with amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry I,m not happy with MY results. Your are too good! Typing Error!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the technique.I love the various ways you showed us to use one technique

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zooper stuff Priya! :) Yenzaai your creative time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh lovely.. lovely.. Love how you've done this..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Thanks for the tutorial...your cards are lovely!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the winning for this week's prize, just leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw it on MIM. The more comments, the greater your chance of winning! Good luck!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great technique! I love the look of it! I saw your card on Make It Monday and just had to tell you how wonderful it is!

    :-) Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time in appreciating my work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...