Saturday, September 17, 2011

Spring diamond card and Color combo tip

hi there,

    I told you I am on a diamond spree...:).This is another diamond card, I made, with my favourite color combo :) and I like this card.Watch how to make this fold here.

3 reasons why I like diamond cards..
    These folds are easy to do.
    I find it easy to make embellishments for the diamond shape, rather than a rectangle cards..
    It brings great dimension and look to the cards with less effort..



All the papers are itsy bitsy.And the punch is Fiskars corner lever, the chipboard flower is from making memories.The rest from my stash.

posting it again to
ICRC9-Celebrate

Today's Tip

Have you ever felt at a loss to find a striking color combo, for that pakka card? I sometimes do.... I try to place scrap card stocks together to see, if this combo will work..but how abt a handy color guide??

I was super excited , when I found this blog.. where u can generate instantly, 2 color - 5 color combos.. and believe me these colors go along so well... today,I am sharing this link with you...

http://www.thescrapmaster.com/2010/04/color-combo-testing.html

Here is a sample combo I generated ..


Hope this was helpful..

-Priya

11 comments:

  1. beautiful card priya the color combination is striking love how u have embellished it.and thanks for the tip about the color combo will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wao...! b'ful diamond card.... now I have to give it a try... thanks for the inspiration priya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely diamond card.... i tried it too but have to complete it yet!!! and thanks for the tip :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this card when I saw it in the gallery too-Such a vibrancy about it.
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty Priya. I wonder if it would do for quilled cards? Your's is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priya the card looks very attractive. The mebellishments are cool. What is the materials of the leaves and where did you get it.The rose flower is also nice and chick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Priya!!!Even I tried this last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This diamond shape fold looks really nice and I think I will give it a try too. I love the bold colors too! Thanks for sharing the tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love love your colour combo tips.. Do drop by and join in the weekly party.. at Colours Dekor.. I'd love to have you share this with everyone.. :-)

    http://coloursdekor.blogspot.com/2011/10/weekly-story-51.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time in appreciating my work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...