Monday, September 26, 2011

Lace flower ,Tutorial- A Flower and Dye your ribbon

hi ladies,

Note:This is a picture heavy post

Hope you had a great week end!! Mine was busy with guests and a little crafting!!.. I have card for ICRC10 today.. I am so happy abt the way the lace flower turned out.. My second attempt in making sewed flowers(first one for ET's challenge) and my DH said wow!! The pink feather adds a touch of beauty to it!


and a close up


Pattern paper from Papermania.. I added some dots and flowers with gel pen to it..Sentiment from Inkadinkado All occasions, border from Fiskars corner lever punch and pearls and button from stash.The lace was in my stash for a long long time!

This card goes to,
digidesignblog - Make your own flowers
Ruby's Rainbow- for the girls
Ribbon Carousel -Fabric of our lives with Linda
Shopping our stash - no coloring allowed

Hope you like the card!! Please leave a comment!

Today's Tip

Today you have not 1 but two tutorials.
Tutorial 1:

I used this flower on top of the above lace flower.I dont know what it is called..I bought this in a cycle repair shop!!(if anybody knows the name, tell me) :)) yes.. My DH thought I am crazy!, when I stood in front of the cycle shop, to buy supplies.. :) I knew instantly, that I could make beautiful flowers with it..so here it is, for you to see in a card!

the inside of it is made of a thin rod, which can be bent.


You can bend a petal bend towards inside and the spacing is just right for bending the next petal


You can also make, 6,7 petal flowers..I find 8 petal flower is not looking so good.

Tutorial 2:

Have you ever searched for the right color or design of ribbon for your projects, but in vain..here is a solution!Dye and design your own Ribbon!!

Take a plain white ribbon and the ink pad color of your choice.

Now place the ribbon on ink pad and pull it through the sponge.Do it 2 or 3 times, till the color evenly spreads.. Do it again , to darken the color..

Take your gel pen and draw the designs you want.all the gel pens including the glitter ones work well for this.. Dont try to use markers, they spoil the ribbon

These are some of the ribbons I made..The green one in the above card, was also polka dotted similarly.. Now, I know, you are hurriedly scrolling to the top of the post!!

Do share your views on the tutorials.. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

- Priya

19 comments:

  1. Wow Priya the card is a stunner and the tutorials each deserve a separate post as they are awesome. Yeah I am sure your hubby was stunned! Mine appreciates recycling and quilling works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous card and such wonderful tutorials, as well! thank you for the tips and thank you for playing at SHOPPING OUR STASH!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the colors and the adorable flower! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lace flower,awesome!!
    I have seen this type in a craft shop n it meant for flower making only..i did some flowers too with it,it will look much better in flower vases..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg lovely card and superb tutorial...i am leaving for the nearest cycle shop just now....and the ribbon idea is just fab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower tutorial is awesome . I wish I could get my hands on that stuff too. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow beautiful card... and both the tutorial is just awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card! LOVE that flower! Time for another tutorial! :)
    Think the cycle shop stuff is called a pipe cleaner. Can get it in any craft shop in diff colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card; TFS the tip to decorate your ribbon! So clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow priya your card is so pretty and the ribbon tutorial is just fab never could have guessed that one could create dotted or designed ribbons in this manner,loved your idea thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi priya its me again ,i wanted to ask you about how you created the pink paper border with the fiskars corner lever punch,i have a similar punch which i am unable to use much beyond creating corner's but seeing your lace border gives me hope that i can may be use that punch for creating a border too,please could you do a tutorial for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG WOW!.. First of all, LOVE your card!.. The flower is soo gorgeous! :D :D
    And love the inking ribbons technique and the cutie flower tutorial too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. card is stunning Priya! and I just love ur tips and ideas! creative mind is always working it seems :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Love the flower too. Colors r awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Love the flower too. Colors r awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is such a fab card!! Loved the flower.. ITs pretty awesome!

    Thanks so much for the lovely tutorials! I recently got white heart ribbons, now i know how to use them as pink & red ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my.. awesome.. awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi...Really beautiful card.. I love the lace flower.. Its soooooo cute..I love it because pink is my most favourite colour.. and thanks a lot for the tutorial because I was searching for the ribbons with dots and design for a long time but got only plain coloured ribbons.. Now you have provided a very useful tutorial for me..Thanks a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  19. wowooooooow.... superb.... nice tutorial..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time in appreciating my work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...